Thursday, July 5, 2012

Our little garbage disposal

Elena can and will eat everything.  We discovered her new ability to chew when she sneaked into the can of raisins and had a few in her mouth.  I watched her to make sure she didn't choke and she got it down without a problem.  Since that day we have given her bits of everything and she absolutely loves it.  She has never spit anything out... including the paper and cardboard she tries to eat.  I always have to dig around in her mouth when she takes chunks out of whatever box she is chewing on. Mike and I are thrilled that we do not have a picky eater at this point and hope that she continues to love all sorts of food.  Today she ate a piece of raw onion that dropped on the floor and a large helping of refried bean soup.  I thought the soup would be too spicy for her since it has a lot of cilantro, but she went to town on it!  

Elena got to celebrate the 4th by eating licorice.  It basically just got her shirt coated in red drool, but she sure enjoyed it. 


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this phase. Its so much fun! Enjoy it while it lasts though, because it fades so quickly. Evie used to eat everything too, including trash and prunes, but now everyday is a struggle. Oy.

    ReplyDelete