Tuesday, September 10, 2013

We've got ourselves a toddler

Elena is growing up way too fast. I had several little moments today that made me pause and think, where has my baby girl gone? The first moment happened as we were driving home from running errands. Elena kept saying "pizza" in the back seat, so I asked her why. Her response was "pizza, eat". I told her that we had just bought yummy Panda Express and she said "ew, gross". Little punk! Next, without any mention of it from mom, she asked to read Harry Potter. She played quietly and listened to me read the whole first chapter and said "Dumbledore" a few times. Such great taste in literature. As I got her ready for bed she told me her bum hurt (poor kid is a little chafed). She then said "kisses, bum?" to which I rudely declined. When I settled her into her crib for the night she stood up and pointed to the toddler bed while saying "big one" over and over again. It took me a second to connect that she wanted to sleep in the big girl bed. Elena definitely has a mind of her own and she tells you exactly what she wants. I love that she's talking now and that she tells me what's on her mind. The other day she woke up from her nap telling me all about daddy climbing a mountain. My only explanation is she must have dreamed it. I love this girl so much and am so grateful I get to be her mommy. Oh, and she can count to 15 already... little genius.

No comments:

Post a Comment