Monday, September 17, 2012

We have carpet!

Our house has really been coming together the past few weeks.  Every time we go out there it feels more like home and I just don't want to leave.  Last time we got to meet our neighbors from across the street and ended up talking to them for over an hour.  It was fun to hear about their experience moving in and all the secrets on how to get good deals on blinds, the good and bad about the HOA, etc... The only bad news is that tarantulas and black widows are apparently very prominent in the area.  Not good!  I think I'm going to have the house sprayed the first day we move in.
*Warning*  I haven't posted in forever so there are a ton of pictures from the last few weeks. 




Here's the doorway that was supposed to be an arch.  We made sure they corrected it and it looks 100 times better.



Jori seemed to be enjoying herself.




I'm sure we weren't supposed to walk on this black rubber stuff, but we were rebels and did it anyway.  We tried to wipe up our tracks and I ended up pulling some of the black stuff up with my bare feet.  Oops!








Here we are in Elena's bedroom.

This is the kid's bathroom.

Our master bedroom.


Elena is already afraid of the monsters in the closet.



Here are the pictures from last Friday.  I'm loving the rock on the front of our house.




Can't wait to see this once all the dust is gone.





Elena tried to climb into the open vent almost immediately.  

Here I am pulling the carpet strands out of her mouth.


Standing in front of our laundry closet.

Master bathroom.


Elena just collapsed with her butt in the air.  I thought it was pretty funny.








3 comments: