Elena has wanted to walk for a very long time. She will coerce anybody and everybody to walk her around. She crawls over to random people at church and maneuvers her hands into position in their hands for them to walk her around. It's actually pretty impressive to see her determination. Sometimes I just sit on my hands so that she can't get me to assume "the position". I've been trying to figure out how to teach her to walk on her own, but didn't realize she just needed the right inspiration.
Recently she found her inspiration, Elena absolutely loves dogs. One day she saw one of our neighbor's dogs get into their car and leave and she was inconsolable for 20 minutes. Anyways, I set her on the ground around a couple of dogs and she just started walking toward them. I was busy talking to our neighbor so I hardly realized that she was practically walking by herself. I just had my hands under her armpits for protection. My friend made a comment about her walking so I started taking her a little ways back and then letting her walk towards the dogs. One time she ended up with her arms around the dogs neck... not sure he appreciated that. Later that night, Mike and I started having her walk between us. She is getting really good. We just keep moving further apart and she's getting better and better. Here are a couple videos to give you proof of her progress. Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment