Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Baked goods are going to be the death of me.


Yesterday while I was looking for a new recipe to try for dinner, I stumbled upon this recipe for pumpkin scones and maple frosting... and couldn't resist making them.  The scones were really simple to make and so a half hour later I had a whole pan full of hot scones covered in frosting.  You may think this was a good thing, but for someone who's trying to keep her pregnancy weight gain down, it was like inviting the devil into my home.  In a matter of minutes I consumed 3 of these beautiful scones and had to restrain myself from finishing the whole pan.
During this pregnancy I have done a lot better at keeping the weight off.  I learned last time that the baby really doesn't need a bag full of gummy worms whenever I craved them, and that multiple pieces of cake/brownies were not essential to her growth and development.  At my 20 week appointment I found out that I was still at my starting weight when I was pregnant with Elena.  Oh yeah!  Since then, I've gained two and a half pounds, so I really need to slow down on the desserts.  All I need for motivation is to look at this picture of me in labor with Elena.  I can't believe that my face got that fat.  So gross!!!
 For those of you who would like to embrace the fatness, here is the link to those delicious scones.  I left out the pine nuts because I didn't have them on hand, but they tastes great without them. http://foodwishes.blogspot.com/2012/11/pumpkin-scones-with-toasted-pine-nuts.html


2 comments:

  1. oh yum. I'm in a serious cooking rut lately-nothing sounds good that used to be our go-tos, for dinner. I need to be better about finding worthwhile recipes to try out. You never know when you're going to find gems! And you looked great, chub and all. Silly lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're supposed to be gaining 1-2 lbs a week, so I would say you're doing good! Send those scones my way. I'll gladly eat them all!

    ReplyDelete