Saturday, May 19, 2012

Doting on Elena


I just had one of those days where I was in awe at how much I love being a mom, so I thought I'd write a little about it.  I am so grateful that I can be home with Elena everyday.  It's the best job in the world to cuddle and play with your child all day long.  Many days I don't get much done in the ways of cleaning, working out, or cooking; but I still feel accomplished because Elena knows she is loved.  I love watching the way she kicks her legs when excited, or how she freaks out so much every time I turn on the water or walk in the room unexpected.  She is absolutely fascinated with teeth brushing and so sometimes I just brush my teeth when she's whining and she calms right down.  I love watching her learn new things and to see her personality develop.  I'm probably going to be one of those weird smothering mothers because I always rush home to her when I've only been away for a couple hours.  I guess she'll have to deal with that.
I also wanted to give a shout out to Mike because he is an amazing husband and father.  It's such a relief to be in this together and to have someone there to take care of Elena when I need to get things done.  He gave me a wonderful mother's day by letting me take a long nap and cleaning the kitchen.  Such a stud!  I just love our family so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment