Monday, February 25, 2013

Valentines Day Fail

I had some pretty spectacular plans for Valentines Day this year, and it was kind of a flop. Early in the week I had arranged for my sister Rachelle to watch Elena for the evening while I would make a delicious dinner and a romantic dessert. I had bought Mike a dutch oven (which I would cook dinner in), all the fixins to make chocolate lava cake, a wok, and various kitchen tools that we were still lacking. I wanted it to be a surprise for Mike so I told him that we would celebrate another day since our week was really crazy. Everything was all set to have an amazing day when I started to pick up Elena's flu bug. Luckily, I didn't throw up, but I was way tired and nauseous. Determined that this was still going to work, I made the Root beer braised pork shoulder, set the table fancy, laid out his gifts, and finished cleaning the house. I was going to drop off Elena before Mike got home, but she slept right up until he pulled in the driveway. Once Mike came inside I learned that he had eaten Rodizio Grill for lunch because an international employee from his work was in town, and he wasn't hungry at all so that ruined my dinner plan. I felt too sick to eat, so we just decided to cancel the whole night. Elena stayed home with us and we just lay around feeling awful. Mike did enjoy his presents and we made the chocolate lava cake a few days later and it was absolutely delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment