Wednesday, April 24, 2013
KSL Addict
Recently we found out that we were getting almost double the tax return then what we were told initially, so I convinced Mike to allow me to use that extra money to decorate our home. He agreed on the condition that he can use the other half for manly endeavors such as ladders, lawnmower, hose, etc...
The first room I'm tackling is our bedroom. I've wanted to get a black bedroom set to match our zebra bedding for a long time, but all the complete sets I've found have been close to a thousand dollars. A couple weeks ago I stumbled upon a couple black nightstands for only 45 dollars on KSL. When I arrived to pick them up, the owner told me she had a matching dresser that she hadn't posted on KSL yet. Win! The dresser has tons of space plus a hidden jewelry compartment up top. I borrowed my sister's van the following Saturday and bought the dresser for 60, and a couple lamps and decorations for 40. Among those decorations is a set of 8 black wooden plates that I'm going to hang on the wall above our bed for a decorative headboard.
A couple days ago I found a blue wingback chair on KSL that would match the blue sheets and pillow cases in our bedroom. The chair was only 10 dollars and looked a little shabby but I spruced it up as best I could. I painted the brown legs black, stapled the fabric back underneath, and snipped any fraying threads. It looks much classier then it did in the first place and will give me another place to nurse the new baby in our bedroom. It's funny to think that I spent more on the black paint then I did on the actual chair.
Nightstand
Dresser
Jewelry Compartment/ Where's Waldo
Zebra and Blue bedding. (Don't mind the dark blankets over the windows. Mike is working nights for a few weeks.)
Decorative wood plate
Headboard Arrangement
Bedside lamps, and some flowers that will be used in another room.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
LOVE IT! So impressed. :) You're way faster than I am!! It'll probably take years for me to put together our bedroom, and by then I'll have changed my mind on colors! Ha.
ReplyDeleteWOW! Great job -- I love everything.
ReplyDelete