My friend Chelsey got married earlier today and I got to do the wedding cake. Since this is my first wedding job, my mom helped me out throughout the whole process. I did do the wedding cake and one of the sheet cakes completely by myself, but my mom did most of the other 3 sheet cakes and parts of the groom's cake. It was a lot of work but it was fun to spend 3 days chatting with my Mom while we got everything done.
This is me frosting the base of the wedding cake.
This is the sheet cake that I did on my own.
My mom had me do all the roses on the sheet cakes so they would match.
Here is the finished base, before we added the ribbon and roses.
Here's the start of the groom's cake.
My mom did most of the grass on this cake because my hand was getting way tired.
Finished groom's cake.
Derek loved his manly cake. I did hear that a kid stuck his hand in part of it, so I'm glad I got a picture before it was ruined.
My mom and I were in the zone to get this finished since the reception had just started. Mike said that we accidentally ignored a bunch of people who tried to talk to us.
I added rose petals for a finishing touch. Most of them blew away quite quickly.
Finished base.
View from the back.
I am so proud of you, Chantale! It was absolutely beautiful - I'm sure it helped make Chelsea's day! A great memory to share between friends.
ReplyDeleteLove you,
Mom
Wow Chantale those are amazing! You are so talented!
ReplyDeleteYou did the best jobs on those cakes! I can't thank you enough.
ReplyDelete