After a lot of searching and driving around, Mike and I have finally reserved a lot to build our house. We swore we wouldn't live in Eagle Mountain since it is so far out of the way, but the lot we found ended up being closer to Mike's work than the community we liked in Saratoga Springs. We will be living in the Ranches right by the golf course. I'm most excited about the park and swimming pool that are right across the street from us! We're building a 2-story house with 4 bedrooms upstairs. All the bedrooms upstairs have their own walk-in closet which will be amazing. It's pretty scary to think about having a mortgage and everything, but we didn't want to miss out on the awesome prices and interest rates right now.
Here are some rough sketches of the floor plan. We might do some alterations, but this is pretty dang close.

Here is the link to google maps to see exactly where our lot is. Biggest Loser Update:
After 3 weeks of being off sweets I have lost 5 lbs. Still a ways to go, but it's nice to see some improvement.
Man, so crazy! I'm so excited for you. And glad I could see where the lot is precisely. Yeah that looks like it's on the edge of Eagle Mountain: I was thinking it was probably in the middle of it or something. When do they start building, again?
ReplyDeleteWe have to finalize the design before they start to dig. They will probably start within a month.
ReplyDelete